Saturday, April 5, 2008

Weather and a Movie

Last Sunday was a pretty full day here at the Journal Star. A few stories fell through and left us all scrambling to fill in the holes in the Monday paper. Among the things I shot were this weather/kids having fun feature and this photo from the opening of a local indie horror film at a theater downtown. The theater shot is of one of the film's producers who was nervously pacing in the back by all of the projection equipment. Being a movie theater, it was very dark so I had to do a long exposure (2 seconds) but this guy was nervous and kept pacing, becoming just a blur in the images. Luckily, he paused right in a spot of light from a screen and stayed there long enough for me to make this frame (camera braced on the railing and prefocused manually with a prayer). The great green color was an added bonus.
Kids having fun feature
Local indie horror film

1 comment:

Mr. Greyheart said...

Looks like a scene from Orange Country. I love it! Hey I have a blog now, its just poetry, but hopefully I can get some photos up soon. P.S> I think I wanna try to get up to Chicago early next month. I'll call you. Later girlfriend. footsiepajama.blogspot.com