Sunday, May 10, 2009

Gator Stompin': a big pub crawl

Lately, I've been shooting more for The Gainesville Sun, which is nice since it means I'm actually getting published again. The other weekend I photographed Gator Stompin'. It's billed as the "world's largest pub and restaurant crawl." I started at the beginning and worked my way all the way to the end with all of the Stompers. There was a noticeable change in many of the participants as the night wore on. The event also gave me the opportunity to check out some of the bars and clubs in Gainesville to which I've never been (and a few to which I don't plan on returning). The paper ran some of these as a photo package and also put a gallery up on their SITE.

Below are photos of people getting their Gator Stompin' shirts checked off as they visit each establishment on the list, catching a bike taxi ride at the end of the route, waiting in line in front of one of venues, playing a Captain Morgan's miniature bean bag toss game, and lastly a fellow taking a breathalyzer test at the end of the night.

Gator Stompin'
Gator Stompin'
Gator Stompin'
Gator Stompin'
Gator Stompin'

1 comment:

Juliane said...

wow these are great