Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Food

Between all of the society events and the paper's dining review page I've been shooting food pretty regularly these last few months. I enjoy shooting food. I think people like to look at photos of food (as long as the photos make the food look appetizing). So, here are a few of my recent food shots. In order: Sea Scallops, Belinis, Salad, Sea Scallops, Alphabet Pasta, Ceviche, Truffles, and Honey.

Sea Scallops

Belinis

salad

Sea Scallops

ABC pasta

Ceviche

Truffles

Honey

6 comments:

Milla said...

These look great. I really like the first one, and the one with all the white spoons.

rachel red lips said...

amazing! do you have any tips for shooting food?

Tom McCarthy Jr. said...

Any easy tip is to find some nice window light and don't try to shoot under incandescent or fluorescent light if you can help it. That and try to get a good photo before the food starts to congeal...ugh.

Greg Kuebler said...

nice shots! i regret looking at these images with an empty stomach

Tom McCarthy Jr. said...

Haha, thanks Greg. I guess that's kind of the goal. right?

youmadeyourbed said...

hi tom...i ran across this from somebody or other's facebook. the photos look great; i'm definitely adding this to my feed reader, so keep updating it! hope you are doing well.

-david henderson