Friday, March 5, 2010

Bonus element: framing?

I actually had my external hard drive hooked up to my computer the other day so I randomly selected a few photos that I like from the last couple of months to make a blog post. Now that I'm looking at them I see that there are unintentional similarities between the bulk of them and that, apparently, I've been doing a lot of framing lately. I guess I'll need to start using a new bonus element this month...maybe a pan blur on every assignment? I'd say about half off these made it into the paper (which is not to say that they ran with any great size or uncropped) and the others didn't for whatever reason. Below you have the Bass and Birdies charity fishing/golf tournament; a trio of dishes from Tangos II here in Vero (that fish is a sculpture on the wall reflecting off of the bar); a whole roast suckling pig at Vero's charity Top Chef qualifiers; a Pilates class; set production for Riverside Theatre's big production of "42nd Street"; a shot from the Vero Beach Museum of Art featuring a larger-than-life bronze sculpture of a watermelon; a neat little scene I stumbled upon walking along the highway the day after the Superball; a silhouetted Argentine horse at Windsor's Equestrian Park; and the last two are portraits of a fellow who is currently living and working aboard his sailboat at the Vero marina (I went with the first one for print but I liked the second shot as well). Thanks for looking.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

5 comments:

(K) said...

there is something perfectly grotesque about the pig photo. it feels like a clip out of a nightmare.

Luanne Dietz said...

Fun Shots... Like the yoga one;)

"ever for get your bonus elements!!"

Tom McCarthy Jr. said...

haha, I think I like that pig photo because all three of them appear to be smiling (even the pig).

Jeremiah Wilson said...

wow, you are rockin it in vero - and you nailed the framing - keep up the great work

KyleeAmber said...

you make vero look fun! minus the eyeball surgery and roasted pig.