Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Finally a New Post (with Horses)

I've been neglecting this blog lately but here's an updated (special for Luanne). I photographed a horse show and the unveiling of a new plan for renovation of parts of Southeast Gainesville. The photo requestes were pretty specific. For the unveiling I was asked to photograph officials unveiling the plans and get shots of the crowd. For the horse show the paper wanted shots of the horses jumping. So I tried to get those aspects covered. Sidenote: I'm going to be the fall photo intern at the St. Louis Post-Dispatch, which I'm excited about.

The first shot is the one that the paper ran as the local centerpiece. Of course it was probably the third picture I took out of at least 200.






I spent the last 30 minutes I was there trying to get a good panning shot. This was pobably one of the better of those.



Here are the shots of the unveiling of the new plans for Southeast Gainesville. They're pretty straight forward, I guess.


2 comments:

Luanne Dietz said...

Hey buddy... Great job on the panning shot. I like the way you saw at the horse show, love the non traditional angles. I'm proud of you. Keep up the shooting! YAY Dispatch

Jenny said...

Nice work Tommy! and congratulations on the internship. I'm interning in Michigan right now. It's swellalicious. Yeyy for getting internships!1