Saturday, September 15, 2007

Dancing and Protesting in the Street

More photos and less words for this post. I photographed a protest in front of City Hall yesterday afternoon. I was underwhelmed with the take and I don't know if it made it into the paper or even the online. Plus, it was late afternoon so the protest was completely in the shadow of City Hall so the sky gets blown out and leaves big empty spaces in the corners. The TV cameras and vans also limited the options for shooting positions. I also went on another photo hunt outside the city limits. This time I ended up in the town of Kirkwood where I saw a group of dancers performing outside at the Plaza Station. The shot that I submitted for the paper was the first one. However, there was also a group of war protestors on the opposite side of the street and I tried to get them into the picture, too. I never quite managed to get the picture I wanted with both groups in but I did get a shot of both the dancers and the protestors along with a baby that made a break for it, heading straight for the street. His mom caught him before it was too late, but the picture I got seems odd so I'm posting it.




1 comment:

Luanne Dietz said...

The Last one makes me smile;) nice job!