Tuesday, October 30, 2007

News, Sports, Features

I've been keeping busy lately and my phlog updates have suffered as a result. The first two photos are from a four-alarm fire in Festus, Mo. a few days ago. The third news shot is of search and rescue crews investigating a building that collapsed last week. Luckily, no one was trapped inside. The fourth shot is from a regular section called "At Work With." This guy works for Critter Control. I also got to shoot my first NFL game this weekend. Here's a wide-angle shot of the 0-8 STL Rams on their way to the most recent loss. Photo number six is a feature I got during a rainy weekday on the north side of town. I thought it was worthwhile to shoot since they were cooking out in the rain, plus I thought I could do something cool with the mural on the side of the building across the street (it's a skyline of St. Louis - always easy to recognize by the Arch). I never did get what I wanted with the mural, but this seemed like a nice moment. United Auto Workers went on strike at the Chrysler plant outside of town so I spent the day out at the picket lines.










Lastly, I put together a soundslides from the 2007 Greater St. Louis Marching Band Festival at the Edward Jones Dome on Saturday. The marching band festival combined with the football game meant I spent most of the weekend walking around on fake grass. Click on the photo below to see the soundslides on the Post-Dispatch Web site.

1 comment:

Luanne Dietz said...

YAY for NFL.. gotta love those annoying red vest..lol.. ;)

and BTW.. GREAT job on the band photos. I really enjoyed the slide show;) great way of seeing.. Keep it up mr! P.s> Nov. 30-Dec 1.. ATL.. What do you say?!?

And lastly, I promise to update this weekend! ;)