Friday, October 5, 2007

Constructing Photos

One month into this internship and I'm already preparing to send out another slew of portfolios for an internship in the Spring. Hassle. Something I shot at the beginning of last week ran today. There's a winery south of St Louis that is building houses on site for people to buy and live in. The idea is to create a little village at the winery/vineyard. None of the houses are finished yet, but there is a spa and restaurant done already. The houses are supposed to be reminiscent of the old French colonial architecture in nearby Ste. Genevieve. I basicly tried to get construction photos that showed the expansive view. Try to show a sense of place and not just a bunch of construction photos. Despite it being an overcast day it turned out pretty well, I think.







Of course, shooting at a construction site wouldn't be complete if I weren't given a hard time by the workers. This guy asked to borrow my camera so he could take some shots of me. I told him he was going to have to find his own camera if he wanted to take any pictures. He found one.

1 comment:

Luanne Dietz said...

5 and two are my favs.. great seeing as far as sense of place goes.. it looks soo beautiful..