Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Cat in a Fire

Sunday started early for me. A couple of lackluster assignments had me ready to go home when the scanner reported a possible fire in a garage on the other side of the river. I ran on it and arrived just when the scanner announced an explosion. Surprisingly, despite the explosion, I wasn't kept back (possible because I arrived right when I did) and was able to shoot the fire with nothing longer than my 80-200mm. There were firefighters in the house when the explosion occurred and they suffered minor injuries but stayed to continue fighting the blaze before going to the hospital with hearing damage. The house's occupants got out safe and two pets were rescued, including this singed and ornery cat, which headed straight back to the house to hide and was picked up again by another firefighter.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

4 comments:

Marvin Halelamien said...

Nice use of the environment to frame your subject. I think Freeman would give you extra credit.

But seriously, I like it.

Milla said...

I really like 4,5, and 7. especially # 7, it's a really interesting way to frame the photo.

That cat ... eesh.

Luanne Dietz said...

nice job Mr. It's always great when you show up to spot news and there is no yellow tape yet;) great job on the fire. Number 5 is beautiful!
P.S. I don't really like cats but shhh.. don't tell anyone... non the less I am so glad their pets were safe!

Jenny said...

You're right, it is still for fun of course. I didn't mean it that way. Great cat rescue pic, by the way.