Monday, April 21, 2008

The March Madness Experience

The Illinois high school state basketball finals are held in Peoria every March. This year there was a big exhibit hall at the Civic Center full of basketball related activities. I shot it for the Journal Star's Heartland section (a weekly photo page/section). The conditions were pretty tough. Dim lighting, super high black ceilings, and sports action made my job pretty hard. I really didn't want to have to lug a lighting kit around with me and set it up at each station, but eventually I caved (not soon enough to get all the photos I wanted, though). So, the results are a mix of lit and unlit shots from the different stages of my coverage. These ran awhile ago but I forgot to add to the phlog. Here they are.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

No comments: