Tuesday, April 1, 2008

I'll Tumble for You

It's been over a month since the internet went out in my basement apartment here in Peoria, but I finally got it fixed this morning. Hooray. Here's some photos from a while ago of a group of young kids who started a tumbling group. They did a short performance (I mean short) at this Black History Month celebration and I was there to photograph them. The only worthwhile photo I got during the actually performance is the first one here and that is what ran as the centerpiece in the paper the next day. I was more partial to the second shot here, which I took after the performance when the kids were just fooling around and getting some extra practice in with their coach. To be honest, I might just like it better because the sign is fully readable (that's what I do, take pictures of signs). I like the third one just because of that smile. Oh, and I lit this with two dynalights bounced off of the ceiling because it was in an old building with an unlit stage and I'm shooting with D2H's these days. But I think the lighting made a big (helpful) difference.
tumblers cross
backflip group
tumblers smile

2 comments:

Luanne Dietz said...

The first one is wonderful! captures joy and excitement and ability! nicely seen!

Milla said...

i really really like #1, it's great moment.